Saturday, August 23, 2008

Walter Kowalski still fighting.

The lines of communication between Walter Kowalski's bedside in Boston and the rest of his family have been re-instated.
Due to a simple and completely unforeseen technical problem, communications between Theresa Kowalski and the rest of the family were severed for the better part of last week.
The result of which was a devastating and emotionally draining series of misunderstandings and a general lack of information.
Happily, all has been rectified.

As reported earlier, it was decided that all life support would be suspended on Monday, the 18th of August.
The current situation doesn't accurately represent that report.
In fact, Walter's breathing is being assisted with the supply of oxygen and he still has a functioning pacemaker which regulates his heartbeat.
Apart from this, he is receiving no other life support services, including food and water.
He is being given regular doses of morphine in order to ensure a pain free death.

His wife, Theresa, makes certain to spend every possible hour by his side and has organised her rest periods to be taken when there are fans or other wrestlers present.
As a result, Walter always has somebody with him.

The robustness of Walter's body and the quality of medical attention will determine how long he will remain alive.
Any change in circumstances will be reported as soon as humanly possible.

As always, all thoughts and comments are welcome.

Thank you

Mark Spulnik

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that Wladed passed away. I met him several times when I was about 10 in the locker room at Madison Square garden with my father Felix. My father met with the family in Canada after he jumped ship from Ploand then came into the US. My father was from Lodz. I think they had a falling out because my father liked to take Wladek out to the bar after wrestling. There is a very strong family resemblence with Wladek and my father. ckowalski62@aol.com

LNW said...

Please accept my sincere condolences to you and your family.

I have fond memories of Walter, as he used to sit in front of me in church services at Shasta Springs, CA, every summer for two weeks during the 1960's and totally block my view of the front. There was no way you could see around him, he was so big - a wonderfully kind, gentle giant. He always wore beautifully-tailored suits and shirts that I'm sure he must have had made especially for him. He had brightly colored ties and wore cuff links in his french cuffs; and I think I remember a huge amethyst ring. I believe he was also in Chicago quite often too, during those years.

I just wish we had kept in touch, but I'm so glad to know that he has such a caring family.

Please feel free to write me if you wish. angels411@Safe-mail.net

Kind regards,
Lotus

Anonymous said...

Herbert Albert Beigel Sr. was his best freind in the IAM activity or temple still located in chicago and santa fe